DO YOU BELIEVE EXCEPTIONAL DRYING RESULTS START WITH SCIENTIFICALLY SOUND UNDERSTANDINGS?
Of course you do! Drying success is not solely the result of the tool you buy or the certificate on your wall. A “drying god” emerges when they apply the physics that drive water to change phase from a solid or liquid to a gas and understand how to assess, manipulate and control the water molecule – regardless of its phase.
However, over the course of 3 decades, compromises in accuracy and agenda driven messages have found their way into some formal education programs and even the industry Standards. These compromises and flawed messages are well documented, yet they are persistently taught as fact to the innocent students and even the consuming public and insurance representatives.
Structural restorative drying leaders identify and reject such propaganda and compromises.
Leadership in Restorative Drying is the first comprehensive resource guide to clearly identify several of the scientific errors that permeate the structural restorative drying industry, and substitute it with easy to understand explanations and descriptions. What results? Leaders in restorative drying services are able to engineer an effective drying protocol that accommodates ALL drying strategies – refrigerant dehumidification, desiccant dehumidification, heaters, air movement / exchange… why – even the choice to open a window. It’s not the tool that dries the structure… it’s the restorer’s skill in the use of their tools.
Courageous leaders are invited to read this book. Stand up and be identified as a bearer of accurate information. Lead in your marketplace.
- What REALLY dictates the rate of evaporation? (You may be surprised!)
- Do you have a drying plan that defines your daily drying objectives in your drying strategy?
- Drying is not entirely about psychrometry! (Does that make you a heretic?)
- Scientific principles and formulas that dictate how much air movement you need. (This WILL surprise you!)
- What’s the trick to drying dense materials like wood and concrete? (It’s not a specific tool)
- Multi-million dollar drying jobs. How are they managed?
- *NEW: Be ready for the new ideas described in the next edition of the ANSI / IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide to Professional Water Damage Restoration. Many are considered within this book.
- *NEW: An education road-map that creates a solid career and a loyal employee.
- *NEW: How is restorative drying “leadership” developed? (Competence is not defined solely by speed!)
- *NEW: Psychrometry is now explained with vastly improved visual aids!
- *NEW: Have you heard about “triple point”? (It’s the key to vacuum freeze drying success)
- *NEW: “Heat drying strategies” and accountabilities. (Have you considered all your risks?)
- *NEW: Does “more” [equipment/energy] always produce faster drying? (Not according to the studies out there.)
- *NEW: Can you show your customer how a desiccant can [sometimes] be a more cost effective approach to drying than an LGR?
- *NEW: There is an industry that is up to ten times larger than insurance related drying – and they need your skills!
This 530 page, high quality, full-color book improves upon the industry’s only teaching guide that has been approved for use in all three IICRC WRT, ASD and CDS classes. This book has been recommended reading material for those who wish to attain ACAC CSDR and CSDS certification, the RIA’s WLS and CR program, as well as those seeking a degree from Purdue University with a concentration in disaster restoration. The information in this book assists every expert who seeks to lead in their structural restorative drying competence.
This is an outstanding addition to every restoration professional’s resource library – and especially for those who wish to lead technically and professionally in their local market.